Now Playing
K99.1FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
K99.1FM

celebrity news

200 items
Results 31 - 40 of 200 < previous next >

Khloe Kardashian might have debuted her baby bump on Instagram

The entire Kardashian family has been tight-lipped about Khloé Kardashian’s and Kylie Jenner’s rumored pregnancies, but fans may have gotten a glimpse of one of the baby bumps just days ago. 

On Friday, Khloé Kardashian rolled out her latest look for her fashion line Good American and the slightest, tiniest baby bump could possibly be seen under her velour sweats. 

>> Read more trending news

In the photo, posted on Instagram, Kardashian is seated in the sweatsuit but the angle seems to hint at a little bit of curvature where her baby bump would be. But anyone could sit like that and produce a little lower-belly pooch.

Sources first started whispering about Kardashian’s pregnancy in September after reports surfaced that she was expecting her first child with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.

Related: Khloe Kardashian is pregnant, reports say

“Yes, Khloé and Tristan are expecting and they are absolutely thrilled,” a source told People at the time. “This isn’t something they were in a rush to announce to the whole world, and it’s only been in just the past week or so that they’ve felt comfortable telling most of their inner circle.”

The rumor mill is swirling that Kardashian and Thompson are expecting a boy.

Just days earlier, there were reports that Kardashian’s younger half-sister, Kylie Jenner, was expecting a daughter with her boyfriend Travis Scott.

“The family has known for quite some time. She is REALLY excited and so is Travis!” a source told People. “Everyone is overjoyed for her. This is the happiest she’s ever been.”

Sister Kim Kardashian West did confirm she and husband Kanye West are expecting a child via surrogate in January.

The Kardashian-Jenner matriarch, Kris Jenner, dodged questions about the rumored pregnancies during an appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” last week.

Cities, dates announced for Taylor Swift 'Reputation' tour

Get ready, Taylor Swift fans! The superstar is headed to a city near you next year as part of her “Reputation” tour.

Swift announced the first round of dates for her 2018 “Reputation” tour on Monday morning.

>> Read more trending news

Tickets for the North American leg of the tour go on sale Dec. 13.

Fans will have the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the public sale date in North America via Taylor Swift Tix powered by Ticketmaster Verified Fan, according to a news release.

Registration is currently open and continues until Nov. 28.

General ticketing and sale information is currently available at TaylorSwift.com.

Here are the dates and cities that have been announced so far: 

5/8 -- University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona5/12 -- Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California5/19 -- Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California5/22 -- CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Washington5/25 -- Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado6/2 -- Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois6/30 -- Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, Kentucky7/7 -- Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio7/10 -- FedEx Field, Washington, D.C.7/14 -- Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania7/17 -- First Energy Stadium, Cleveland, Ohio7/21 -- MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey7/28 -- Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts8/4 -- Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario8/7 -- Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania8/11 -- Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia8/14 -- Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida8/18 -- Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, Florida8/25 -- Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tennessee8/28 -- Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan9/1 -- U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota9/8 -- Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri9/15 -- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana9/18 -- The Dome at America’s Center, St. Louis, Missouri9/22 -- Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana9/29 -- NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas10/6 -- AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas

Famed tabloid gossip columnist, Liz Smith, dead at 94

She was the last of her kind. Liz Smith, a longtime New York gossip columnist, died Sunday at her home in Manhattan at the age of 94, her agent confirmed to The New York Times.

>> Read more trending news

Smith was born in Fort Worth, Texas, in 1923 and graduated from the University of Texas before heading to New York, where she made it big in the Big Apple.

Smith, who started work as a gossip columnist for the New York Journal-American in 1959,  was often friends with many of the famous and glamorous people she covered, including Madonna, Frank Sinatra, Donald and Ivanka Trump and Katherine Hepburn, sparking some controversy from journalists over the years.

Her legendary gossip predecessors included Louella Parsons and Hedda Hopper, in Hollywood, and Water Winchell, in New York.

Smith spent more than 30 years writing daily gossip columns, writing books and magazine stories and appearing on TV news and entertainment programs.

>> Related: Liz Smith dead: Why gossip queen told us she was ‘overpaid, overfed’

From 1976 until 1991, her column called “Liz Smith” ran in The Daily News and in New York Newsday from 1991 until 1995, according to the NYT. Her column continued in Newsday until 2005 and in the New York Post from 1995 until 2009, and she was syndicated in up to 70 newspapers, too.

Smith regularly earned more than $1 million a year -- more than any other newspaper columnist or executive editor, the NYT reported.

>> Related: John Hillerman, beloved ‘Magnum, P.I.’ star, dead at 84

Smith was married once and divorced and leaves behind no children.

OJ Simpson, just out of prison, banned from Vegas casino for belligerence

Pro Football Hall of Famer, and one of the most controversial figures in American history, O.J. Simpson — who was released from a Nevada prison in October after serving time for armed robbery and assault — has been kicked out of a Las Vegas casino and banned for life for being belligerent, TMZ reports.

>> Read more trending news

Simpson was reportedly inebriated at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas and became disruptive. TMZ said Simpson “was angry at hotel staff, and glasses broke at the bar.” Simpson was escorted off the premises by security and was banned for life from the property.

Simpson’s attorney Malcolm LaVergne confirmed to the Associated Press that Simpson was banned, but denied Simpson was intoxicated or belligerent. He also said the Cosmopolitan gave no reason for the ban.

Since he’s been out of prison, Simpson has reportedly frequented bars and other social gatherings in Las Vegas.

 

It’s unclear whether the incident will affect his parole standing in any way. LaVergne said Simpson met with his parole officer, who confirmed that Simpson was not under the influence of any substances.

>> Related: The Juice is loose, again: video shows O.J. Simpson released from prison 

TMZ recently shared this video of Vegas hotel and casino mogul Steve Wynn addressing the situation. “He’s too much excitement for us,” Wynn said when asked if Simpson should be allowed in his casinos.

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons fires up Twitter after comments that women can’t balance career, family

Gene Simmons, the facepaint-clad frontman for the legendary band Kiss, has riled up some fans thanks to his views of women in the workplace.

Simmons wrote in his new book, “Gene Simmons On Power,” that women should “get over your biological urges,” The New York Post reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Simmons went on to explain, “It’s natural to want to have kids, but, sorry, you can’t have it both ways. You have to commit to either career or family. It’s very difficult to have both.” 

His comments ignited a fire on Twitter. 

3 NFL players take a knee on Veterans Day weekend

Although it was noticed during the early NFL games on Sunday that no players had as of then decided to take a knee during the national anthem this Veterans Day weekend, that changed later in the day.

>> On Rare.us: Miko Grimes is slammed for saying Raiders allowed Derek Carr’s injury

Before the 4 p.m. game between the New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers, players from both teams demonstrated. One of the Giants, Olivier Vernon, was seen kneeling behind a large American flag.

>> Read more trending news

Eric Reid and Marquise Goodwin with the 49ers, Colin Kaepernick's former team, also joined.

The NFL Players Association had asked all players to observe a two-minute moment of silence before games to honor veterans. Many players and teams did show support of the military.

Even players who have been protesting most of the season stood for the anthem this week, including the Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, who stood before Thursday night’s game. Titans receiver Rishard Matthews walked onto the field holding hands with soldiers and stood with teammates for the anthem for the first time since President Donald Trump criticized players for protesting.

Bennett in particular wanted to show that his participation in the protest was not about the military.

Regardless of how the players planned to act this week, many people were open about the fact that they would be boycotting the NFL this weekend, including Sarah Palin.

– The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Warner Bros. denies Gal Gadot won’t do ‘Wonder Woman’ sequel if Brett Ratner is involved

UPDATE: 

A spokesman for Warner Bros. has told Business Insider that the Page Six story is not true. The tabloid story claimed Gal Gadot would not do the “Wonder Woman” sequel if Brett Ratner, who’s at the center of multiple sexual assault allegations, is involved.

“It’s false,” the spokesman said.

Related: Six actresses accuse Brett Ratner of sexual harassment, director-producer denies claims

Deadline reported Nov. 1 that Warner Bros.’ first-look deal with Ratner will not be renewed. The Los Angeles Times reported that RatPac-Dune Entertainment’s co-financing agreement with Warner Bros. is set to expire in 2018, citing sources that did not want to be named. “Wonder Woman 2” is set to be released in Nov. 2019.

 

ORIGINAL STORY:

“Wonder Woman” star Gal Gadot has reportedly said she will not proceed with a sequel to the 2017 movie that made her a household name unless Warner Bros. cancels its co-financing arrangement with filmmaker Brett Ratner, whose company RatPac Entertainment co-produced the first film, according to Page Six.

>> Read more trending news 

Sexual harassment allegations against the “X-Men: The Last Stand” director were reported in the Los Angeles Times and included accusations made by actresses Natasha Henstridge and Olivia Munn.

>> On Rare.us: 'Pitch Perfect' star steps forward with multiple experiences with sexual harassment

Recently, “Juno” and “Inception” star Ellen Page accused Ratner of "outing" her while preparing to shoot “X-Men: The Last Stand.” Page, 30, was 18 at the time and had not yet publicly come out as a gay woman.

Regarding Gadot’s stance, a source told Page Six: “She’s tough and stands by her principles. She also knows the best way to hit people like Brett Ratner is in the wallet. She also knows that Warner Bros has to side with her on this issue as it develops. They can’t have a movie rooted in women’s empowerment being part-financed by a man ­accused of sexual misconduct against women.”

Page Six also reported that Warner Bros. has shown Ratner the door since the allegations against him came to light.

Beyonce’s baby twins show up in leaked photos and Bey’s not happy

Not everyone is happy to see pictures of the Bey Beys on the internet.

>> Read more trending news

Beyoncé and Jay-Z announced the addition of two more children to their family in in February via a beautiful Instagram post. Since the announcement, the parents have kept their summer arrivals as secretive as their fans would allow.

Following rumors and speculations, Beyoncé shared an official picture of Rumi and Sir Carter on her Instagram.

Over the weekend, pictures surfaced of the Knowles-Carter family on vacation in Miami with Rumi and Sir in full view.

Fans could hardly contain their excitement over the pictures of the babies.

But eager onlookers found out that the family intended on keeping their privacy.

The Root reported, “[K]nowing how serious the Carters are about their social media presence, and especially their fierce protection of their children, the images are slowly, surely, being scrubbed as they go up,” referring to the fact that a number of pictures of the babies on Instagram have been deleted.

While many delighted in the pictures, others joked about the lengths to which the family might go to combat the leak.

Others supported respecting the family’s privacy (though getting a peak of the Bey Beys wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world).

Talk of a Spice Girls reunion in the works for 2018

The five original members of the 1990s-era British girl group the Spice Girls are reportedly set to reunite in 2018, according to The Sun.

>> Read more trending news

Mel B, Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Mel C and Geri Halliwell, have allegedly been taking part in secret talks regarding a potential reunion since the summer, with a 2018 date now agreed for a reunion. The group are also said to have agreed to a one-off TV special, also slated for 2018.

“The five of them have been locked in secret talks since the summer, and finally they are all on-board for a 2018 reunion,” a source told The Sun. “As it stands, they will be working together on a series of projects, which will include an album and a TV special celebrating the Spice Girls.

“And getting Victoria to agree has been a coup for everyone involved, given she has always been the person holding back on a reunion,” the source added.

Back in 2016, Mel C spoke about a potential reunion with the BBC, but she said it wouldn’t be the same without all five members.

“If there’s a piece missing, it’s not the full picture; we weren’t just a band with interchangeable parts,” she said.

>> Related: ‘Wonder Woman’ star Gal Gadot won’t do a sequel if alleged sexual harasser Brett Ratner is involved

“Obviously I love the girls and totally respect what they want to go on to do, but to me, Spice Girls is a five-piece.”

Country rocker Brantley Gilbert, wife Amber welcome son in Athens, Ga.

Country rocker Brantley Gilbert and his wife, Amber, welcomed their son into the world Saturday in Athens, Georgia.

>> Read more trending news

Barrett Hardy-Clay Gilbert made his debut at Piedmont Hospital about a week early, weighing in at 6 pounds, 7 ounces, according to People magazine.

“Honestly, I’m just speechless,” Gilbert told People.

“Amber and I are just so thankful and blessed to have this beautiful little boy,” he said.

“It’s even more than I could’ve ever imagined,” Gilbert said.

Baby Barrett’s middle name, the hyphenated Hardy-Clay, comes from each parent’s family. Hardy comes from Amber’s father’s side and Clay from Gilbert’s side, according to People.

200 items
Results 31 - 40 of 200 < previous next >