Now Playing
K99.1FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
K99.1FM

movies

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >

WATCH: Kate Middleton dances with Paddington Bear despite battling morning sickness

Dancing Queen? Duchess Catherine took a spin with adorably cuddly Paddington Bear on Monday during a surprise appearance with her husband, Prince William, in LondonUs Weekly reports

>> Kate Middleton debuts tiny baby bump in first public outing since pregnancy announcement

The duchess, who announced her third pregnancy in September, surprised Londoners at the Paddington train station with the giant dancing bear, the Mirror reported. Young guests were taken on a ride in 1920-1930s-era vintage train from the station as part of the royals’ Charities Forum, according to People. Before the ride, the beloved character danced with the royals and the children in the crowd.

The lovable character’s next film, “Paddington 2,” premieres in the United Kingdom on Nov. 10. At one point, Duchess Catherine danced with the bear and was spotted spinning around the platform.

>> Watch the moment here

>> On Rare.us: Duchess Catherine has a new secret weapon to help aid against morning sickness

Children from charities including Place2Be, Anna Freud National Center for Children and Families and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice were all present for the festivities. The Charities Forum supports more than 30 organizations in which the royals are involved.

>> Read more trending news

This is Duchess Catherine’s second public appearance since sharing the pregnancy news. The Duchess has canceled several appearances as she suffers from hyperemesis gravidarum, acute morning sickness, in her pregnancies.

Last week, she was spotted out for the first time since the announcement in honor of World Mental Health Day. Her severe morning sickness kept her from escorting her eldest son, Prince George, to school for the first time in September.

Watch the newest trailer for Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’

Marvel has released the first full-length trailer for “Black Panther.”

Chad Boseman-led film has a who’s who cast of actors, including Lupita Nyong’o, Michael B. Jordan and Angela Bassett as Wakanadans. Boseman plays the title character.

>> Read more trending news

The two-minute trailer give a look at visuals by director Ryan Coogler and a live look at Boseman transforming from T’Challa to Black Panther, and Michael B. Jordan as his rival Erik Killmonger. Glimpses of Basset as the Queen Mother of Wakanda and Black Panther’s mother, and Nyong’o as Nakia and Danai Gurira as Okoye are also shown in the clip.

Related: New photos of Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ released

There are also clips of a car chase action scene with Black Panther leaping from car to car in city streets.

Watch the trailer below:

“Black Panther” will be in theaters Feb. 16.

Colorado teen turns bullying experience into a powerful film

A Colorado teenager who said he was bullied by a classmate’s mother has turned his experience into a powerful message.

>> Read more trending news

Alec Ybarra, 13, wrote, acted, directed and edited an independent film, “Unmarked,” which is based on his own story, WQAD reported.

Alec said the bullying got so bad he changed schools. That changed his outlook, and he wrote the screenplay for “Unmarked” in two days, WQAD reported.

"That’s what happened in real life," Alec told WQAD. "All those events took place over the course of a year. It’s about a friend’s angry mother who tries to destroy the student that knows information about her son that could get her son in trouble."

Alec said he learned a great deal about making a film, and calls the project his passion.

"It did help a lot," he said. "Now looking back at it, I’ve been working on the film itself for a year and a half. It’s helped a lot I went through a whole year of this situation, it tore me down a lot. Then I was able to make a film about it, that can hopefully help a lot of people going through similar things."

Alec’s parents said the bullying was a heartbreaking situation.

"It’s tough because you don’t want your son beat up or bullied, especially as time went on and we found out a parent was involved,” Alec’s father Fred Ybarra said. "(Making the film was) a passion of his, at one time.

"I thought he was going to outgrow it, but it’s what he loves doing and he’s good at it."

Alec is exploring options to distribute the film. He wants children to see his movie and learn from his experience.

"The message of the film I am trying to portray is standing up for yourself," he told WQAD. "That is one of the things I had to do a lot in real life, especially since that person had gotten everyone to turn against me. That’s what I want to portray through the script and the film and acting, you need to stand up for yourself in these situations."

National Bullying Prevention month has been observed every October since 2006.

Donna Karan apologizes after defending Harvey Weinstein

Designer Donna Karan issued an apology after prompting outrage with comments calling disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein “wonderful” and wondering whether women are “asking for it" because of how they present themselves.

>> Report: Harvey Weinstein’s wife Georgina Chapman leaving him amid sexual harassment allegations

In a statement released to the Hollywood Reporter and other outlets, Karan said: “I made a statement that unfortunately is not representative of how I feel or what I believe,” she said, also saying her comments were “taken out of context.”

>> Hillary Clinton 'appalled' by accusations against Harvey Weinstein

“I am truly sorry to anyone that I offended and everyone that has ever been a victim," she said.

>> Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow add to Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment claims

It’s probably safe to bet there’s a zero percent chance of spotting Karan’s designs strolling down the next red carpet, judging from the swift reaction her comments provoked:

>> 3 women accuse Harvey Weinstein of rape: report

>> Harvey Weinstein exposé almost ran in 2004 until Matt Damon and Russell Crowe got involved

Weinstein was fired from his own film company days after an explosive New York Times report detailing allegations of sexual assault going back three decades.

>> Meryl Streep slams Harvey Weinstein, calling sexual assault allegations ‘disgraceful’

Since the article ran, a former New York waitress posted her recollections of Weinstein’s behavior during the time she dealt him on the job, and a reporter revealed a disturbing encounter she was allegedly forced to endure:

>> Harvey Weinstein fired from film company

>> Read more trending news

The Weinstein report has sparked condemnations from Hollywood – but silence persists in many quarters:

>> Ashley Judd accuses Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment

Watch out ewoks, ‘Last Jedi’s’ porgs are here

If you weren’t scared at the raw cuteness then, you’ll be scared now.

Ewoks better watch out, the porgs have invaded.

The cute, fuzzy alien animal was featured in Monday night’s debut of the “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” trailer.

>> Read more trending news

If you missed it, or have to see it again, click here or watch below. The porg is seen next to Chewbacca, screaming, at the 1:32 mark.

Whether that’s their normal sound or if the porg in question is mimicking Chewie, we’ll know that in a few weeks, unless you’ve bought one already.

Whatever noise they make, according to Wookieepedia, the Wikipedia for a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the porg is a sea bird that lives on the planet Ach-To. That’s where Luke lived in exile after the Battle of Endor. Lucasfilms described them similar to puffins.

(Too much for non-Star Wars fans?)

As for how they’ll be brought to life, Lucasfilm’s Pablo Hidalgo said that they will be a combination on puppets and computer graphics.

Hildalgo said during an interview on StarWars.com, “You fall into those deep, soulful eyes. I think a lot of people are going to want a porg as a pet.”

Either way, while the movie hasn’t even hit the big screen, but Disney and Lucasfilms is already banking on fans and children for wanting the newest big eyed, furry, cute animal, offering it for sale at your local box store and online.

Already on the market, are porg bobbleheads, a stuffed animal that talks and an animatronic version that looks like a Furby.

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi” officially hits theaters on Dec. 15, with some big screens showing it on Dec. 14. Tickets are already on sale.

Related video: Star Wars by the numbers

Anton Yelchin remembered by 'Star Trek' co-stars, loved ones at statue unveiling

Friends, family and co-stars gathered on Sunday to remember the late Anton Yelchin at a statue unveiling at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles.

The actor died at the age of 27 in June 2016 after he was struck by his own car at his Studio City, California, home.

>> Read more trending news

Zoe Saldana, one of Yelchin’s “Star Trek” co-stars, spoke about his life and legacy at the emotional memorial, saying, “It is a bittersweet moment, because we’re here for Anton, and he’s not here with us.”

“But it alleviates my heart knowing that we’ll keep him alive. We’re going to keep remembering him in the hopes that by practicing all the things he believed in and remembering all the love that he gave us, and all the joy he gave us, we’re able to just keep him here with us,” she said. She also read a chapter about friendship from “The Prophet” by Kahlil Gibran, according to PEOPLE.

>> On Rare.us: Four months after his death, Chris Cornell’s wife Vicky meets with the medical examiner

Yelchin’s mother, Irina, also spoke about her son and remembered him as a “beautiful human being.” She dedicated a project to his memory, the Anton Yelchin Foundation, which will help young artists “who face career challenges due to debilitating disease or disability.”

“We want to keep Anton’s spirit, his legacy, alive for many, many years to come,” she said. “After Anton left, there are only a couple of things left to do. A foundation, photography book and sculpture. We accomplish two by today. The Anton Yelchin Foundation and the statue at Hollywood Forever, so he would be surrounded by the people he admired and to be in the middle of the city that he loved so much.”

His statue is located in the Garden of Legends at the cemetery, just steps away from musician Chris Cornell’s memorial.

Jackie Chan says he has everything ready for 'Rush Hour 4' -- except one thing

The last “Rush Hour” film was released a decade ago, but star Jackie Chan is teasing a comeback. In a Thursday appearance on a radio show, Chan said that the script for “Rush Hour 4” is finished and that he’s waiting on his co-star, Chris Tucker, to get on board.

>> Read more trending news 

Chan claims that he has been working on the script for seven years and going through drafts and that the crew behind the film finally just agreed on the piece. Chan made it clear that he won’t do the film without Tucker, saying that time is running out for the pair.

“For the last seven years, we've been turning down the script, turning down the script. Yesterday, we just agreed,” Chan said on ‘The Cruz Show’ Thursday. “The script probably at the end of this month will have a second draft and next year, (we'll) probably start. If Chris Tucker agrees ... “It’s about (having the) time to make ... I tell Chris Tucker, ‘Before we get old, please do ‘Rush Hour 4.’”

Tucker has been out of the spotlight for a while. While he was one of the highest-earning actors during the early 2000s, he hasn’t put out anything recently.

In 2012, he appeared in “Silver Linings Playbook,” and he may be on a comeback tour, as he’s also rumored to be appearing in “Last Friday,” which is a follow-up to his 1995 film “Friday.” 

The first “Friday” film did incredibly well, scoring $244 million at the box office, and the following sequels each brought in hundreds of millions.

In a 2012 interview with Vulture, Tucker said he was willing to take part in another installment of the “Rush Hour” franchise. 

“‘Rush Hour 4,’ we’re looking into it, me and Jackie,” Tucker said at the time. “We’re trying to get it going, so we’re developing something, so hopefully we’ll get something in.”

Brianna Chambers contributed to this report.

Netflix to raise price of most popular plan

Popular streaming service Netflix announced Thursday it plans to raise the price of its most popular plan.

>> Read more trending news 

The price of the plan will increase by 10 percent -- or $1 -- from $9.99 to $10.99. This is the first time the company has increased prices in two years, USA Today reported.

Netflix’s most popular plan allows subscribers to view content simultaneously on two interconnected devices. A different premium plan, which allows users to view content simultaneously on four different screens, will increase 17 percent in price -- or $2 -- from $11.99 to $13.99.

According to The Associated Press, the price hikes will affect nearly 53 million Netflix subscribers.

The change in prices comes as Netflix seeks higher profits and aims to secure funding for critically acclaimed shows, like “Orange Is The New Black” and “House of Cards,” and as it competes against rivals Amazon and Hulu, among others, to secure rights to shows and movies, the AP reported.

A Netflix representative said the company will email subscribers and send out app notifications on or after Oct. 19, 30 days before their billing cycles. Users will have 30 days to accept the new rate, change their plans or cancel the service.

There will be no change in price to Netflix’s basic plan, which allows users to view content on one screen for $7.99 monthly.

>> Related: Shonda Rhimes to leave ABC, join Netflix

Jared Leto tapped to play ‘Playboy’ founder Hugh Hefner

The Joker and the Playboy -- Jared Leto has been tapped to play the men’s magazine founder Hugh Hefner in a biopic in development.

Brett Ratner has obtained the rights for Hef’s story and is set to direct, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Hefner died last week at the age of 91.

>> Read more trending news 

“Jared is an old friend.” Ratner told the website. “When he heard I got the rights to Hef’s story, he told me ‘I want to play him. I want to understand him.’ And I really believe Jared can do it. He’s one of the great actors of today.”

>>11 funny, iconic Hugh Hefner quotes to remember the Playboy legend

However, the internet isn’t very happy about the casting or the director, The Los Angeles Times reported.

Ratner has been trying to make the film since 2007. 

>>‘Playboy’ founder Hugh Hefner dead at 91

Leto is in the upcoming “Blade Runner 2049.” Ratner plans to reboot the 1960s talk show “Playboy After Dark” that was hosted by Hefner, The Hollywood Reporter reported.

‘Maleficent’ set to get sequel, Angelina Jolie to return

Angelina Jolie will don the horns again and once again become one of the most famous villains, Maleficent.

And it could soon have a director attached.

>> Read more trending news 

Joachim Rønning, who directed “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” is in talks to direct the “Maleficent” sequel, Deadline reported.

Filming is expected to begin early next year. 

Jez Butterworth and Linda Woolverton have been writing the script. Joe Roth is producing, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The first “Maleficent” brought in $69.4 million. It made $758.5 million worldwide.

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >