Now Playing
K99.1FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
K99.1FM

television

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >

Former 'What Not To Wear' co-hosts Stacy London, Clinton Kelly, won't be reuniting anytime soon

TLC may be bringing back classic hits like “Trading Spaces” and “Four Weddings,” but the network probably won’t be rebooting “What Not To Wear” anytime soon, as the show’s former co-hosts are in a mysterious feud.

>> Read more trending news 

On Wednesday, Clinton Kelly, who now co-hosts “The Chew,” revealed that his former “What Not To Wear” co-host, Stacy London, blocked him on Twitter. He shared the news on Twitter after finding it out himself when he and London were tagged in the same tweet, posting a screenshot of her profile, which indicates that she blocked him, and writing, “Alllll righty then.”

London did not respond to Kelly’s tweet.

While fans who enjoyed the duo’s playful bickering on the show were surprised to discover they’re less than friendly in real life, Kelly himself was apparently not shocked. As Twitter users responded asking him what happened, he wrote back to one and refused to share any details.

“The tea is old,” he said. “And I never spill tea unless I’m shook, which I’m not.”

Kelly hinted at a possible rift between him and London and revealed they don’t talk often in his book, “I Hate Everyone, Except You,” which was released earlier this year. During an interview, Clinton said, “We spent so much time together for 10 years ... It was funny in the beginning when we completed each other’s sentences ... It got to be like, ‘OK, we need a break from each other.’”

“We loved each other and despised each other, and if she were writing a book, I expect she would say exactly what she thought about me too. And it would be fine,” he later elaborated, adding that he doesn’t have any regrets about addressing their tension in his book.

The successful TLC show finally came to an end after an entire 10 seasons in October 2013.

>> Related: HGTV to air 'Fixer Upper' and 'Flip or Flop' spin-off shows

WWE releases James Ellsworth

It’s official: On Wednesday, the WWE announced that it had released SmackDown Live wrestler James Ellsworth.

Ellsworth debuted on WWE television in the summer of 2016, where he was promptly destroyed in a match by Braun Strowman. However, Ellsworth’s unique look and “two hands and a fighting chance” line grabbed hold, and the WWE eventually brought him back to work with the SmackDown Live brand.

>> Read more trending news

Though Ellsworth was purely used as comic relief, he had an incredible year in the WWE. Ellsworth was in two WWE Championship matches against AJ Styles, was a participant in the Royal Rumble, and perhaps most notably and controversially, he was a bit part of the first ever Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match.

With the release, WWE has now released several talents over the past month. Main roster wrestlers Darren Young, Emma and Summer Rae were among releases a couple of weeks ago.

Meghan Markle leaving ‘Suits’ after seven seasons

Change is in the air for “Suits” stars Meghan Markle and Patrick J. Adams.

>> Read more trending news

According to Us Weekly, Adams and Markle are planning an exit from “Suits” as USA networks prepares to renew the series for an eighth season.

Markle and Adams play on-screen fiances Rachel Zane and Mike Ross on the series, and there is a rumor that a wedding scene was filmed over the weekend in Toronto that could pave the way for the duo to make their exits, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Adams has directed several of the recent episodes and is reportedly looking to pursue other creative opportunities while things seem to be getting serious between Markle and Prince Harry.

Reps for Markle, Adams and USA have yet to confirm nor deny the rumors at this time.

Fans have been waiting for Prince Harry to pop the question to Markle but it’s unclear when a royal wedding could take place. It may be even longer than expected.

Sources close to the palace said that the couple will likely put off the announcement of their marriage until after Prince William and Duchess Catherine welcome their third child together in April.

“There won’t be any announcement until at least after Kate has had her baby in April,” a source with “excellent contacts in the palace” told The Daily Beast earlier this month.

Prince Harry’s biographer, Penny Junor also said he wasn’t sure Harry is ready to pop the question just yet.

“Harry is impetuous and he does make decisions quickly -- unlike William, who ponders and ponders -- but he is not foolish. He knows, of course, exactly what a royal marriage breakup is like and how much attention it gets,” he said. “It is one hell of an ask for her to give up everything she is and has achieved to marry into the British royal family.”

But honestly, is giving up all of the glitz of Tinsel Town to be a princess really that bad?

Season seven of “Suits” returns in January on USA.

Read more at Us Weekly and The Hollywood Reporter.

WATCH: Taylor Swift rocks 'SNL' with 2 songs from 'Reputation'

Taylor Swift rocked "Saturday Night Live" for the first time since 2009 with a bedazzled snake mic and a brand new "Reputation."

>> Taylor Swift’s new album, 'Reputation,' gets favorable reviews

The pop icon, whose new album dropped Friday, performed a lively version of "...Ready for It?" over a backing track, then returned to the stage later with her guitar for an acoustic rendition of "Call It What You Want." 

>> Read more trending news

Check out the performances below:

>> Click here to see Swift's performance of '...Ready for It?'

>> Watch Swift's performance of 'Call It What You Want' here

‘Star Trek’ icon George Takei accused of sexual assault

Former “Star Trek” actor George Takei has been accused of sexual assault stemming from a 1981 encounter, a former model and actor told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.

>> Read more trending news

Scott R. Brunton, who was 23 when the alleged incident occurred, claims that Takei took advantage of him sexually after the model felt disoriented and dizzy after a few drinks.

“This happened a long time ago, but I have never forgotten it,” Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter. “It is one of those stories you tell with a group of people when people are recounting bizarre instances in their lives, this always comes up. I have been telling it for years, but I am suddenly very nervous telling it.”

Takei, 80, played Hikaru Sulu in the original “Star Trek” television series. He tweeted Saturday that the events Brunton described "simply did not occur." He also said he did not remember Brunton.

"I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them," Takei  tweeted. "The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do.

Takei is also an author and activist and has been an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ rights.

Brunton said he was having drinks with Takei when he began to feel ill “and must have passed out.”When he awoke, Brunton claimed Takei “had my pants down around my ankles” and was groping him, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The publication reported that it spoke with four of Brunton’s friends -- Norah Roadman, Rob Donovan, Stephen Blackshear and Jan Steward -- who said that the actor had confided in them about the Takei encounter years ago.

Brunton said he suppressed the story for years because he assumed nobody would take him seriously.

“Who's going to believe me? It's my word against his,” he told The Hollywood Reporter.

Brunton's said he changed his mind after Takei spoke out about allegations leveled against actor Kevin Spacey.

“When power is used in a non-consensual situation, it is a wrong," Takei said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter on Oct. 30. “Men who improperly harass or assault do not do so because they are gay or straight -- that is a deflection. They do so because they have the power, and they chose to abuse it.”

Brunton said he was angered by Takei's response.

“I don't want anything from him but an apology," he said. “I am sure he'll disown all this, I don't know, maybe not.”

'Wheel of Fortune' celebrates 35th anniversary

The iconic game show “Wheel of Fortune” is celebrating its 35th year on television, and much of its success can be attributed to its hosts, Pat Sajak and Vanna White.

>> Read more trending news

"It's an incredible run and don't ask me to explain, don't ask me to figure it out. I certainly didn't predict it and here we are 35 years later,” Sajak told KABC. "I should point out I was 11 when we started."

“We have a great relationship,” White said. “He is so funny. He cracks me up all the time and in 35 years we've never had one argument.”

Sajak and White have been paired on the show since it debuted in 1982. In addition to television, the show has its own channel on YouTube.

White has worn more than 6,500 gowns and Sajak has met tens of thousands of players. KABC reported.

Keith Urban performs 'Female' at CMA Awards in response to Harvey Weinstein scandal

Over the last few days, Keith Urban has been dropping little hints to some big news. Not only would Wednesday be the day that Urban found himself vying for multiple CMA Awards, but it was also the day he was dropping a new single.

>> PHOTOS: 51st annual CMA Awards show

>> PHOTOS: 51st CMA Awards red carpet arrivals

On Wednesday night, he performed the new single, "Female," in response to the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

>> Watch a clip of the performance here

>> Read more trending news 

The song, which Urban delivered onstage at the 51st annual CMA Awards, included lyrics such as, “When you hear somebody say somebody hits like a girl, how does that hit you?” and “When somebody laughs and implies that she asked for it just ’cause she was wearin’ a skirt, oh, is that how that works?”

>> Hear the full song here

Pink performed 'Barbies' at the CMA Awards, and fans had plenty to say

Each year, it seems the Country Music Association invites an artist from outside the country genre to sing at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville during the CMA Awards. Last year, the surprise act was Beyoncé. Prior to that, it was Memphis-born pop singer Justin Timberlake.

>> PHOTOS: 51st annual CMA Awards show

Just last month, it was revealed that Pink was going to be the unexpected guest for the 51st annual CMA Awards ceremony Wednesday. However, it was unclear what song she would sing, or if she would sing a duet.

>> On Rare.us: Watch Kenny Chesney and Pink’s sun-drenched new video

Nonetheless, she delivered a stripped-down performance of her emotional ballad, “Barbies,” from her seventh studio album, “Beautiful Trauma.”

>> Watch a clip of the performance here

>> Read more trending news

The female powerhouse, who is known for soaring across the stage like an acrobat, didn’t need all of the bells and whistles for her performance. Instead, she sat on a bar stool as a string section played along.

>> PHOTOS: 51st CMA Awards red carpet arrivals

After her performance, fans took to social media with their opinions about whether Pink belonged at the CMA Awards. And, yes, some people seemed a tad confused.

>> 2017 CMA Awards: Winners list

“Retweet if you’re confused as to why Pink is performing right now #CMAawards,” one person tweeted.

“Shame we didn’t have any country artist that could have performed instead of Pink on the CMA Awards. #CMAawards,” another person added.

On the other hand, many fans were delighted by Pink’s presence at the CMAs.

>> Montgomery Gentry’s Eddie Montgomery joins CMAs Troy Gentry tribute performance

“Shout out to @Pink for having one of the most country performances of the night. You did amazing sweetie. Beautiful song #CMAawards,” one fan wrote on Twitter.

“Thank you for sharing your voice with #Nashville and the #cmaawards,” another fan wrote.

>> Tears fall as Carrie Underwood pays tribute Vegas shooting victims, stars lost

And perhaps you’d consider Pink to be an odd choice for a country music awards show, but she’s no stranger to country music, as she was nominated for her first-ever CMA Award this year. Pink earned a nod in Musical Event of the Year for “Setting the World on Fire,” her duet with Kenny Chesney.

Chelsea Handler doubles down on Texas church shooting comments

Chelsea Handler continued tweeting her criticisms after blaming Republicans for a deadly church shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

>> Chelsea Handler's tweet about Texas church shooting draws ire

“I don’t know how these poor people are supposed to accept that their government watches these mass shootings and does nothing. It’s so sick,” she said Sunday night.

>> See the tweet here

On Monday, Handler tweeted a “Call your representative!” template.

>> See the tweet here

The tweets came after Handler insinuated that Republicans were responsible after Devin Kelley, 26, walked into the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs and opened fire on parishioners, killing 26. She wrote, “Innocent people go to church on Sunday to honor their God, and while doing so, get shot in [sic] killed. What country? America. Why? Republicans.”

>> See the tweet here

Social media users lambasted Handler for remaining quiet on the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) in July. They were also quick to share their distaste for her words. One user accused her of politicizing the tragedy with the “disgusting statement,” while another said, “You really have a dark heart.”

>> Read more trending news 

Handler also went after President Donald Trump after he tweeted, “May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan.” Handler responded negatively by saying, “You have no capacity to monitor anything that doesn’t involve lining your pockets.”

>> See her tweet here

After hearing of the shooting, Trump focused on the shooter’s mental health rather than guns.

>> Trump says Texas church shooting result of 'mental health problem,' not guns

“Mental health is your problem here. This was a very, based on preliminary reports, a very deranged individual. A lot of problems over a long period of time,” he said in a press conference that was held while he was on a foreign policy visit in Japan.

“We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries. But this isn’t a guns situation.”

Chelsea Handler's tweet about Texas church shooting draws ire

Comedian and television host Chelsea Handler weighed in on the deadly church shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, with a controversial take that quickly drew ire.

>> What people are saying about the Sutherland Springs church shooting

"Innocent people go to church on Sunday to honor their God, and while doing so, get shot in [sic] killed. What country? America. Why? Republicans," Handler tweeted Sunday afternoon.

>> See the tweet here

The backlash was swift, with people saying she was silent about the shooting of Republican Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), calling her tweet a “disgusting statement” and saying she has "a dark heart."

>> On Statesman.com: Complete coverage of the Sutherland Springs church shooting

Sunday's shooting at a Baptist church claimed at least 26 lives, including pregnant women and children. The suspected shooter has been identified as 26-year-old Devin Patrick Kelley, an Air Force veteran and native of New Braunfels, Texas, according to The Associated Press. Kelley was found dead after the shooting, officials said.

>> Mass shooting at Texas church: Live updates

This year, Handler has been outspoken in her criticism of President Donald Trump and his family. Her comment comes just weeks after she announced her intention to discontinue her Netflix talk show, "Chelsea," to “focus on projects that have significance to [her],” including “working together on a documentary where I’ll engage with people I don’t talk with enough – people of different ethnicities, religions and political philosophies," Page Six reported.

>> Read more trending news 

And that wasn’t her only tweet about the shooting.

In response to Trump’s tweet that he was “monitoring” the Sutherland Springs shooting developments from Asia, Handler tweeted that he had “no capacity to monitor anything that doesn’t involve lining your pockets.”

>> See the tweet here

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >