Now Playing
K99.1FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
K99.1FM

Entertainment News

Results 1 - 18 of 18

Kelly Clarkson to Release Second 'River Rose' Children's Book

Kelly Clarkson has announced the release of 'River Rose and the Magical Christmas', her second children's book starring her daughter, River Rose.

Continue reading…

Florida Georgia Line 'Blown Away' by 'Monday Night Football' Opportunity

Florida Georgia Line will join Hank Williams, Jr. and pop-R&B star Jason Derulo for a new version of ESPN's Monday Night Football theme, debuting this fall.

Continue reading…

MTV condemns impaired driving after 'Teen Mom OG' episode

MTV says it doesn't condone driving under the influence after a cast member was shown nodding off behind the wheel during the most recent episode of "Teen Mom OG."

Monday's episode of the reality series shows Ryan Edwards nodding off while driving fiancee Mackenzie Standifer to their elopement. Standifer eventually turned the dashboard cameras off and questioned Edwards on whether he took Xanax. Edwards denied doing so.

An MTV representative says Edwards' "erratic behavior was due to actions that he took without anyone's prior knowledge." No production members were in the vehicle during the shoot.

The couple got married during the episode.

Edwards says he entered rehab facility more than 30 days ago. He says he is at home now and "life could not be better."

President ridicules female TV host's looks, calls her crazy

President Donald Trump ridiculed the looks and temperament of a female cable television host whose show he says he has stopped watching.

In a series of tweets Thursday morning, the president went after Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough, who have criticized Trump on their MSNBC show "Morning Joe."

"I heard poorly rated @Morning Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came ... to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!"

Brzezinski responded on Twitter by posting a photograph of a Cheerios box that has the phrase "made for little hands." Critics looking to get under the president's skin have long suggested that his hands appear smaller than usual for his frame.

"It's a sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying, lying and spewing petty personal attacks instead of doing his job," NBC News spokeswoman Lorie Acio said in a statement.

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about the tweets, including what it was that set the president off.

About two hours before the president's tweets, Brzezinski said on the show that "it's not normal behavior" for any leader to be tweeting about people's appearances, bullying, lying, undermining managers and throwing people under the bus.

Saying that if any business executive behaved the way Trump does, "There would be concern that perhaps the person who runs the company is out of his mind."

On their Wednesday show, Brzezinski and Scarborough roundly mocked Trump for displaying in several of his golf resorts a fake Time Magazine cover featuring himself.

"That's needy," Brzezinski said on the show.

About 15 minutes before the president himself tweeted, White House social media director Dan Scavino similarly attacked the hosts.

"#DumbAsARockMika and lover #JealousJoe are lost, confused & saddened since @POTUS @realDonaldTrump stopped returning their calls! Unhinged," Scavino wrote on his personal account.

Trump was correct that the MSNBC hosts spent time at the president's Florida resort, a visit that Scarborough said was to arrange a Trump interview.

The hosts confirmed they are engaged to be married earlier this month.

___

AP television writer David Bauder contributed to this report from New York.

Jon Wolfe's Approach to Country Music: Frank It!

That classic Nashville sound mainly resides in Texas these days, but Jon Wolfe's mix also includes an influence more and more country stars are owning up to sharing: Frank Sinatra.

Continue reading…

The Eagle Rock Gospel Singers, 'Haunted' [Exclusive Premiere]

The Eagle Rock Gospel Singers premiere their song "Haunted" with The Boot.

Continue reading…

Angaleena Presley, Hayes Carll and More Join AmericanaFest 2017 Lineup

A total of 84 new acts have joined the lineup for the 2017 Americana Music Festival.

Continue reading…

Jason Aldean Was at a Grocery Store When He First Heard Himself on the Radio

Jason Aldean remembers his first time on the radio.

Continue reading…

Head of American arts academy stepping down after 27 years

The American Academy of Arts and Letters will soon have new leadership.

Executive director Virginia Dajani is stepping down after 27 years, the academy told The Associated Press on Thursday. She will be succeeded by Cody Upton, currently the director of operations. During her time as executive director, Dajani presided over numerous capital projects and helped expand the academy's lucrative awards programs.

Dozens of honors are given annually, the prize money exceeding $1 million. Dajani also helped guide the organization's transition from the National Institute of Arts and Letters, of which the academy was a separate entity, to the National Academy of Arts and Letters.

The academy is an honor society founded in 1898. Members over the years have included Mark Twain, Duke Ellington and Joan Didion.

Lady Gaga on writing new music, planning her upcoming tour

Whether it's at a bar or baseball park, Lady Gaga says she's going to give every performance her all.

The singer will launch a summer tour with stops at arenas and stadiums across the globe, and she's also returning to the Dive Bar Tour with Bud Light to perform a show in Las Vegas on July 13.

She called the first bar crawl, completed last fall around the release of "Joanne," a deep experience.

"For what it's worth, when I got up there, I totally forgot where we were and I just went into performance mode," she said in a phone interview. "For me, no matter how small a venue is, you don't perform it differently than you perform at a big venue, that's not fair to the fans."

Last year's tour included a stop at The Bitter End, the New York City bar where Gaga performed before her pop star days. The new Dive Bar Tour will also include shows in Los Angeles (July 26) and New Orleans (August 30), to be headlined by other artists, who will be announced soon.

Gaga, 31, will launch a world tour on Aug. 1 in Vancouver, British Columbia. It includes stops at baseball parks like Citi Field in New York, AT&T Park in San Francisco, Wrigley Field in Chicago and Fenway Park in Boston.

Now that she's wrapped filming "A Star is Born" with Bradley Cooper — an experience she called "life changing," ''wonderful" and "inspiring" — she's focusing on the massive tour.

"This one will be a little bit different," she said. "I also like to change things up. "I have some other ideas about how I'd like to perform some of my fans' classics."

Part of switching it up comes from the sound of "Joanne," which includes rock, country and slower songs compared with Gaga's past electro-flavored dance hits.

"The album is extremely healing and reflective for me. I wrote about things that I've never written about before that are extremely deep and personal, and dare I say, things that haunted me, that were poisoning me, that were toxic to me, and I had to get them out. And it was very revealing in that way," she said.

"The cover of the album is very indicative of that — me putting a hat on that I've never worn before and just not sure where I'm going at all — but knowing I got to get out of where I am."

At the Coachella festival in April, where Gaga headlined, she released "The Cure," an upbeat song about healing. She said she wrote the song after performing at the Super Bowl halftime show.

She added that she's writing new music and said she could drop another song unrelated to an album.

"You know, I wouldn't say that it's out of the question," she said.

____

Online:

https://www.ladygaga.com/

The Latest: UK sees public interest concern in Sky takeover

The Latest on the U.K.'s examination of Twenty-First Century Fox's takeover bid for network Sky (all times local):

12:20 p.m.

British Culture Secretary Karen Bradley says that media regulators expressed concern that Twenty-First Century Fox's proposed takeover of Sky would give the Murdoch Family Trust material influence over news providers across all key platforms.

Bradley told the House of Commons on Thursday that this "potentially raises public interest concerns," and she is minded to refer the matter to the Competition and Markets Authority for further review.

Bradley says "these are clear grounds whereby a referral to a Phase 2 investigation is warranted — so that is what I am minded-to do."

Murdoch's media group is trying to buy the 61 percent of Sky it doesn't already own, giving Twenty-First Century Fox easy access to Sky's 22 million customers in the U.K., Ireland, Austria, Germany and Italy. Critics say would give Rupert Murdoch too much power in U.K. media.

___

12:10 p.m.

Britain's government has referred Twenty-First Century Fox's takeover bid for European cable TV network Sky for more examination citing public interest concerns.

Culture Secretary Karen Bradley told the House of Commons on Thursday she decided to refer the bid to the Competition and Markets Authority after receiving a report by the media regulator, Ofcom.

___

9:15 a.m.

Britain's culture secretary is preparing to rule on whether Twenty-First Century Fox can take full control of the Sky cable television and broadband network in an 11.7 billion pound ($15.2 billion) deal critics say would give Rupert Murdoch too much power in U.K. media.

Karen Bradley is scheduled to give her verdict Thursday. Murdoch's media group is trying to buy the 51 percent of Sky it doesn't already own.

Critics argue the deal would give Murdoch too much influence over the British media, because his company already owns two of the country's biggest newspapers. Women who allege they were sexually harassed at Fox News also say the takeover should be blocked.

An earlier attempt to buy Sky was thwarted by the 2011 phone hacking scandal that rocked Murdoch's British newspapers.

Could Smashing Pumpkins be reuniting for tour?

Could the original members of Smashing Pumpkins be making plans to reunite?

Some fans believe comments made by the band’s original drummer are signaling that the group is getting back together.

Smashing Pumpkins’ original drummer, Jimmy Chamberlin, said during an interview with WGN Radio that he’s going to record with “people who used to be in the band,” NME reported.

>> Read more trending news

The original Smashing Pumpkins started breaking up in 1999, when bassist D’Arcy Wretzky left, Rolling Stone reported. The remaining members got back together for a farewell tour in 2000, but the concerts were missing guitarist James Iha at that time. He has played with the band since 2016, NME reported.

Billy Corgan is not ruling out another reunion, and understands that fans have expectations.

“So my whole thing is if we’re going to do it, I think we do it to make people happy and not go against the tide of what people would want to hear in that type of stuff, but my interest in it is sort of limited. I’m not gonna do it for like 14 years of my life,” Corgan said during an interview earlier this year with Chicago’s 97.9 The Loop.

Pop superstar Adele hints '25' tour is her last

Pop superstar Adele has hinted that her current tour for Grammy-winning album "25" will be her last.

The 29-year-old included a signed, handwritten note in the program for her Wednesday night show at Wembley Stadium in London stating, "I don't know if I'll ever tour again and so I want my last time to be at home."

Her announcement comes at the end of a 15-month tour throughout Europe, the US, Australia and New Zealand.

"Touring is a peculiar thing, it doesn't suit me particularly well," she said.

The "Hello" singer will perform three more shows in London, finishing her tour on Sunday after a total of 123 performances.

Prince William, Harry to rededicate Princess Diana's grave on her birthday

In honor of what would have been Princess Diana’s 56th birthday, her sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, have announced that they will lead a special, private ceremony to rededicate her grave, E! News reports.

>> PHOTOS: Prince William through the years

“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a private service to rededicate the grave of Diana, Princess of Wales at Althorp House on Saturday 1 July,” a Kensington Palace spokesperson said, according to News.com.au. “The service, which will fall on what would have been The Princess’s birthday, will be conducted by The Archbishop of Canterbury and attended by her family.”

>> PHOTOS: Prince Harry through the years

The Spencer family plans to attend the ceremony, in addition to Prince William, Prince Harry, Duchess Kate, Prince George and Princess Charlotte. The rededication comes just before the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death and follows major renovations made to the estate, including an extensive redesign to The Oval, an island in the lake where Princess Diana is buried.

>> Read more trending news

Additionally, Prince William and Prince Harry have announced that they have commissioned a statue of their mother to be erected at Kensington Palace, where they both live.

“It has been 20 years since our mother’s death and the time is right to recognize her positive impact in the U.K. and around the world with a permanent statue,” William and Harry said in a statement. “Our mother touched so many lives. We hope the statue will help all those who visit when it will be unveiled. It is hoped that this will occur before the end of 2017.”

>> Read the statement here

Western 'Buster Scruggs' to begin filming in New Mexico

A series of feature-length Westerns backed by the Coen Brothers and Annapurna Pictures will begin filming in northern New Mexico in July.

The New Mexico Film Office says work on "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" will run through September. More than 180 crew members, 16 actors and hundreds of background talent will be hired for the project.

Written, directed and produced by Joel and Ethan Coen, the series consists of six separate stories. The first is about a singing cowboy, while the second follows a drifter and his unsuccessful attempts at bank robbery and cattle driving.

Other stories involve a gold prospector, a woman who finds herself in need of help while traveling the Oregon Trail, and five stagecoach passengers headed for a mysterious destination.

Video: Blake Shelton Is “Bringing Back The Sunshine” To NASCAR

Blake Shelton will once again star in the opening spot for NBC Sports’ coverage of NASCAR’s 2017 season. Things have been redone and refreshed and the new open is set to Blake’s song “Bringing Back the Sunshine.” It is set to air for the first time this Saturday (7/1) at 7 PM ET, during the Coke Zero 400 from Daytona International Speedway. This is actually a big night in NASCAR also because it’s Dale Earnhardt JR’s last Coke 400 so everyone who is a NASCAR fan will be watching. This will be Shelton’s third season starring in NBC’s opening spot, which [More]

Jake Owen Reacts to Youth Baseball Field Opening In His Name In Vero Beach

Jake Owen has quite a few songs in his mix of albums about growing up and about his “hometown.” He is a huge fan of where he came from, which is Vero Beach, Florida. He even does a benefit concert in Vero Beach every single year (it was postponed this last year- 2016 due to Hurricane Matthew). So now there is a youth baseball field being named after Jake Owen in his honor and will opening in his hometown of Vero Beach, Florida today (6/29). Jake couldn’t be more grateful or excited. He says,  “It’s something I’m super excited about, and I’m more than flattered that it has my name on it. But, I’m really proud ’cause all I’ve ever really wanted to do is just add to the betterment – for lack of better terms – of my hometown and my community, and try to give back to a community that has given me so much.”  

Carrie Underwood Looked Fierce at Filming Of Sunday Night Football Open

While the new season of NBC’s Sunday Night Football (SNF) is still a couple months away, Carrie Underwood is ahead of the game! (pun intended) She filmed the Sunday Night Football open the other day and has given fans a glimpse into the broadcast’s new opening spot. On Tuesday (6/27), Carrie shared a selfie on her instagram from SNF’s video shoot with the caption, “Lots of fun today! This will be our best one yet! Can’t wait for you all to see it!” Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown also posed for a picture with Carrie during the shoot, which he posted on his Snapchat.
Results 1 - 18 of 18