The Springfield Music Awards is an outlet for children in the community to showcase their talents by performing in front of a panel of real industry professionals. This is a family oriented event and the music choices will be family friendly whether original or current covers. Each participant is judged on overall talent, wardrobe, attitude, and teamwork. Each participant selects their music, prepares a choreographed routine, and is in charge of their wardrobe. Awards are given for various categories.
In our educational segment the children learn the various aspects of what goes into an award show from being a part of the office staff, production, performing, playing in a band and dancing.
In 2006 Yvetta Young founded the award show, and it has since grown tremendously. This year, we are introducing the Springfield Music Award Pre-Show and this event shall expand on the original show concept to further introduce the community to this positive channel of expression.
This year’s Pre-Show confirmed industry professionals are:
* Kim Burse, Creative Director for Beyoncé / Former A&R for Columbia Records: Jamie Foxx, Queen Latifah, Ciara, Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child and Nelly
* Alvin Speights, 4x Grammy Award Winning Engineer: Michael Jackson, Madonna, Polo Da Don, Ciara, Jazzy Pha, Dallas Austin, Jermaine Dupri, Cee Lo, Angie Stone, TLC, etc
* William Burke, Programmer for the Stars: Beyoncé, Ne-Yo, Monica, Nelly, Jamie Foxx, Gwen Stefani, Chris Brown, Ciara, Backstreet Boys etc.
* Ian Burke, Music Consultant for SO SO DEF / Former A&R Director for Elektra Records / Senior Director of Creative Affairs for ASCAP
* Tony Taylor, Production Manager for Tony Taylor Touring/Crossover Studios: Backstreet Boys, Sunshine Anderson, Kelly Rowland, Dionne Farris, Nelly, Nas, Young Jeezy, Monica, etc.
* Chris Green, Senior Director of Promotions and Street Marketing at Capital Records
* Yvetta Young, CEO of Ensignia Associates / CFO of Bcreative Productions and 311 Music Group, Special Events & Production Coordinator / Former Production Coordinator for Destiny's Child-Beyoncé Touring
* Preston Middleton, CEO of Next Wave Entertainment / Films / Writer & Producer for Pump Audio- Music for reality television shows on MTV, VH1. Professor at Texas Southern University Digital Entertainment Degree Program
The Pre-Show will feature an opening act from the roster of previous Springfield Music Awards winners. Other participants will be individuals and groups that aspire to be in the music industry. A key component to the Springfield Music Awards Pre-Show is community involvement and outreach. This year, we are teaming up with local charities to give back to the community. All participants, crew and attendees are united in the fight against hunger and poverty that plagues the City of Springfield. This Pre-Show has stimulated various charitable / fundraising efforts and food drives within the local schools and businesses and as well as a silent auction to raise funds for our local non-profit partner(s). Tickets on sale soon. Stay tuned for more details! Register for your chance to perform at www.springfieldmusicawards.com! Space is limited!!