Now Playing
On Air
No Program
Now Playing

Posted: May 31, 2017

9-year-old taken to hospital after mistaking 'Unicorn Milk' vape juice for candy


By Joy Johnston, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

FREDERICTON, New Brunswick —

A 9-year-old girl in Canada required hospital treatment after she mistook e-cigarette liquid for candy.

Lea L'Hoir told the CBC that on Monday, her daughter found the bottle of "Unicorn Milk" on the playground at school. Because of the fanciful labeling and the strawberry scent, her daughter and friends ingested a few drops of what is actually e-cigarette liquid. The students began to feel ill and took the bottle to a teacher.

>> Read more trending news

L'Hoir picked up her daughter from school and took her to the hospital after reading about the dangers of ingesting concentrated nicotine liquid. L'Hoir's daughter was diagnosed with nicotine poisoning and received treatment before being released that evening, the CBC reported.

While her daughter is recovering, L'Hoir wants to warn other parents about the dangers of vape liquid. She said the bottle did not clearly identify what was in it, with the ingredients written in small print and a tiny poison symbol on the side of the bottle.

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.


Win $1,000,000 with our Battle of The Brackets Challenge

The most popular local Bracket game is back for 2018. Submit your bracket and compete against your friends for a chance to win $1,000,000.

LISTEN: Stories Behind The Songs Podcast

An intimate look at what made Nashville’s best-known song writers write their hit songs and more

Play the Checkered Flag Challenge

This is THE Game for NASCAR Fans. Pick who you think will finish in the top 10 each race and compete for weekly prizes and a trip to the 2019 Daytona 500.