Tuesday, Lacey Jo Lovett, of Kentucky, said she finished eating a McChicken from a McDonald's restaurant in Draffenville, Kentucky, when she picked up a piece of lettuce on the sandwich wrapper and found a worm.
Just ate a McChicken from draffenville mcdonalds and picked up the last piece of lettuce on the wrapper and this was below it!!!! Are you serious!!!!
Just two days prior, Madison Stephens had experienced a similar situation at a McDonald's in Mayfield, Kentucky, 25 miles away.
Stephens said she took her 1-year-old son to the restaurant and ordered a fish sandwich and a cheeseburger.
Stephens ate half her fish sandwich when she said a worm fell out of it and started crawling towards her son's food.
"If I hadn't seen that worm, my son would have eaten that because it was already on top of his sandwich," she told WPSD. "That's how close he came to eating it."
Stephens said that initially, restaurant employees said they couldn't do anything about the order since she couldn't find her receipt.
She said she later complained to McDonald's officials, who sent her a $10 gift card in the mail.
But for Stephens, the gesture seemed like "a slap in the face," WPSD reported. She said she doesn't want money, but rather an inspection from the health department.
"That scared me, and as a mom, I don't want another child to have to experience something like that," she said.
"Food quality and safety are a top priority for us. We will continue to take all appropriate measures to gather all facts and resolve the matter," a McDonald's spokesman said in a statement following the incident.
Saturday, Michael Love, the owner-operator of the two restaurants, said he's been unable to substantiate Lovett's and Stephens' claims. He said inspections of the restaurants by health officials did not uncover any of the problems raised by the customers, the Associated Press reported.
So, got a fish sandwich and a cheeseburger for Brody and I and look what falls out my sandwich. I am COMPLETELY disgusted and will not be eating Mayfield McDonald's anymore. I thank God my son didn't eat this!