“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else,” Madison Coe’s grandmother, Donna O’Guinn, told KCBD. “We want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cellphone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.”
O’Guinn and Madison’s mother told the news station that the teen was in the bathtub when she either plugged her phone in or grabbed her phone while it was charging at her father’s house in Lovington, New Mexico. She was electrocuted and died early Sunday morning, according to KCBD.
“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone,” O’Guinn told the news station. “That was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.”
Madison Coe just graduated 8th grade from Terra Vista Middle School in Frenship ISD. She was in the band, played...