Like many other events around the country, the 2020 ACM Awards were postponed until September due to the coronavirus, but that didn't stop the country music industry from entertaining their fans. The ACM Awards turned a night of “what could’ve been,” into an uplifting show new special coined, “ACM Presents: Our Country.”
Each artist/group that was originally scheduled to perform at the awards show recorded their performances from the comfort of their own homes. I could be like everyone else and write about each performance, which they were all great, but that’s not me. I try to dig up the weird things that nobody notices because, well, I’m a little different. So, here are five funny observations that I took away from last night’s show (in no particular order).
- Thomas Rhett’s shirt and curtains matched
- Most clothing stores are closed right now. If you have to wrap yourself in a curtain and call it a shirt, who am I to judge?
- Luke Combs made me update my bucket list
- A list that includes things such as, playing catch with Ken Griffey Jr. and having a dance off against Luke Bryan, now includes playing NFL Blitz at Luke Comb's house!
- Eric Church looked like he lives in Brooklyn and hosts a podcast about modern men’s fashion
- Disclaimer: I'd never say this to his face because he'd kick my teeth in. Just an observation. Love ya, Chief!
- Dierks Bentley: Bird Whisperer
- Watch the entire performance, but make sure you're paying attention towards the end (2:47). I still haven't stopped laughing.
- Blake and Gwen may have had a few adult beverages pre-show, and that's more than ok. Cheers!